Chong Wei feeling inspired after getting a feel of the venue


WORLD No 1 singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei savoured the moment as he stepped into the Wembley Arena yesterday.
“I stopped for a while and took in everything. This is where I hope to fulfil two of my childhood dreams,” said Chong Wei.
“The first is to give my best at the World Championships. The next is to go all out at the Olympic Games, which will be held here too. This is where it is all going to happen for me, hopefully.
All clear: Lee Chong Wei giving the thumbs up after checking out the Wembley Arena.
“Now that I am here, I am more than inspired to go all out. I will it give my best.”
Chong Wei and his team-mates spent about an hour to get a feel of the stadium yesterday.
The 29-year-old Chong Wei is the top seed in the World Championships, which will begin tomorrow, and he is also the best bet to win the title for the first time for Malaysia since the tournament’s inception in 1977.
Chong Wei said that he had a good feel of the stadium after a light workout yesterday.
“It is quite similiar to the one in Birmingham (where he won the All-England title for the last two years) but bigger and wider. The lighting is good and I did not experience any strong wind,” he said.
The stadium can fill up to 12,500 spectators.
National coach Rashid Sidek, who competed here two decades ago, said he was still in awe of the place, which had undergone some minor changes.
“This is Wembley where many past greats made a name for themselves. The hall looks newer. I am looking forward to some great matches in the next one week,” said Rashid.
China, Indonesia, South Korea and Denmark players also had a feel of training at the competition venue yesterday. Most of China’s men’s shuttlers were spotted with a short haircut, including three-time world champion Lin Dan.

Posted by Lucas Liau on 9:59 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for �Chong Wei feeling inspired after getting a feel of the venue�

Post a Comment
ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

dailyvid

FLICKR PHOTO STREAM

2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign